Thursday, June 15, 2017

Trust in the Lord

As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. - Isaiah 55:10-11


Trust me, the Lord says, I am not a man that I would lie. My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are my ways your ways, says the Lord. So why do I fight to trust, why do I struggle with doubt? He has delivered me from death's door, he has pulled me out of many deep, dark pits. He has washed me clean, by the blood of the lamb. He is my burden carrier, the lover of my soul, so why do I fear? The Lord said, to enter the Kingdom of heaven, we must become like little children, what does that mean?


   
It means trusting him with a pure heart: "blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God" (Matt 5:8). My children trust me. When I say I am going to do something, they trust that I will follow though with what I say. He is our good shepherd, and we are the sheep of His pasture. Let us be still, listen to His voice, and be comforted knowing that He is a good Father, and the only one that can calm all our fears. 



Thank you Lord,

I am still now before you, my hands reaching out, my heart open as a child's heart, you are my Father, you wipe all my tears, and calm all my fears. Even in my distress, you never turn away, you are never too busy to hear me. I bow at your feet, and I praise you, that you are my Deliverer, and you will break and destroy every work of darkness that comes against me. Your banner over me is love.

In Jesus's name

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment