Sunday, May 14, 2017

Taste and see that the Lord is good!

Oh taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8

I woke up this morning and walked down stairs to fix my coffee, and glanced over at my roses
that my husband had purchased for my birthday.They were off red by now, and their beautiful hue they once held was fading away, but yet I wasn't ready to get rid of them just yet. I bent down to smell them, thinking to myself that these dead blossoms probably do not have any aroma left, to my surprise they did. Their fragrance, was actually stronger. How lovely that even though these beautiful blossoms were starting to crumble and decay, yet they smelled sweeter than before.                            
         
When we fully surrender to Christ and allow him to do a transforming work in our lives, the self
with all its pride starts to crumble away, and what's left is a sweet aroma of Christ to those that are perishing, But thanks be to God, who always leads us triumphantly as captives in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him.

For we are to God the sweet aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one, we are an odor of death and demise; to the other, a fragrance that brings life. And who is qualified for such a task?… 2 Cor 14-16

Dear Lord,

I thank you for your redemption in my life, that I am sanctified in Christ, and it is no longer I that live, but Christ that lives in me. You are life, the Alpha, and Omega, the beginning and the end. Take my life, and use me for your service, remove all the old chips of sin off of me, so in turn I may be a fragrant aroma of Christ to those that desperately need you. I bow down at your feet today Lord, and 
praise you for being my Healer, and Deliverer, and snatching me from the clutches of death, and into your glorious light.

-In Christ
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment