Monday, May 8, 2017

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians12:9
I lay in my bed, consumed by my problems, I feel myself becoming weaker, and weaker. I am surrounded by my fears, my failures. I have disappointments, yes. I have yelled at the kids today, lost my patience, on more than one occasions, made decisions based on guilt. I have been resentful at my husband, and carried petty offenses, gone to bed angry, when I needed to ask for forgiveness.

But there is one thing that is certain, forgetting what lies behind me, and straining forward to the goal, with my eyes fixed on my Master, the author, and finisher of my faith. When I am weak, I lean on him, when I am down, I need only to look up, and let Him catch me.. I may be sinking at times, but his hands are big enough to hold me up. He opens up His hands, and satisfies the desire of every living thing. He will not abandon me, He will not forsake me. He is my refuge, and strength, my very present help in time of need! I can cast my cares on Him, because He cares for me. My faith is not based on circumstances, my faith is not based, on my personal comfort. My faith is based and firmly planted on the lover of my soul. who has gone to battle and won. No weapon ever formed against me will prosper, no scheme of the evil one can crush me, because I am His, and was bought with a steep price. By His stripes I am healed, and His strength, will always be made perfect in my weakness.


Dear Lord,

This Passover season, I ask you to purge all the leaven/sin from my heart, that I may stand 
boldly before your throne, asking and seeking you in a dry, and barren place.

For you are my stream in the desert, my spring in the valley. You are faithful, and never 
leave us Fatherless. You are gracious, and daily forgive all my sins, that pile up. My guilt
is atoned for, my spirit is renewed, as I am washed clean in the blood of the lamb. It is only
by His stripes, I am made whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment