Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Let us become like little children


So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female he created them. Gen 1:27

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven . Whoever receives one little child like this in my name receives Me. Matt 18:4-5



We come into this world with our eyes shut, and our fists closed, crying out. We came out of the womb afraid, not fully understanding , why we had to be pushed out of our quiet refuge. We were sheltered, connected ,all of our basic needs cared for. Then our eyes begin to open, and we start to focus on the one that created us, and provided our home. We come out craving, needing love, and warmth from our providers. "   God was there." For  you formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13-14
He whispers in our heart, " I love you dear one, you are cherished.

We start to trust, start to love, start to thrive. Our journey has begun, and as we grow, we look to our parents for answers, and  guidance. Everything we know, and start to attain comes from them in the beginning. Our eyes are opening more. We are taught discipline, and that the only way to have peace is to accept it, even if it seems painful at the time, it is in our best interest. But we must remember they are parents still learning too, and they don't have all the answers, they will make mistakes. This becomes more clear as we get older, and start to experience pain, and disappointment, and rejection. Our vision becomes blurred, as we cry out why God, don't you love me, don't you care. And we stop listening to the voice of love, and replace it with the voice of fear. We start to forget who we are, and why we are here , and doubts start to fill us.

My sheep respond to my voice, and I know who they are . They follow me, and I give them eternal life. They will never be lost, and no one will tear them away from me. My Father , who gave them to me, is greater than anyone else, and no one can tear them away from my Father. The Father and I are one. John 10:27-30

A Father lays in bed, holding his babe in his arms, she is cradled, sheltered, she is loved.
As he holds her close,  he whispers into her ear, you are mine.



Oh how much the Father of lights is waiting with His arms wide open to carry us. Our parents are there to provide for only a short time. But the Good Shepherd has always been there. He is the One that has been carrying us, as our parents walked beside Him.

Let us stop  listening to the voice of doubt, and begin again to start to listen to the voice of Truth.
Only His perfect love can cast out all fear. Nothing can snatch us from the Father's hand, nothing can separate us from his love.

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5


Let us come to Him as little children, with our hurts, and casts them at His feet. Let us trust the One that made us, and be conformed again to His image. The image of the Father, the image of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment